Saturday, July 23, 2011

Trust & Patience

I find myself almost 10 weeks in and only 4 more weeks to go. I have had quite the experience, through work, LCI, and my small group. I ran across a verse earlier this week during my devotions; "May you be made strong with all the strength that comes from His glorious power, and may you be prepared to endure everything with patience." (Colossians 1:11) By working on my patience through Him, it has been placed heavily on my heart this past week; by working with internationals that speak little English, personal struggles and the obvious homesickness.
Last Monday, John Witte showed us a video that he made for his talk on diligence. He interviewed varies people around campus by asking what diligence meant to them. Seeing familiar faces throughout the lengthy video, the 10 weeks of being thousands of miles away took a toll on myself and I could easily say, many others. But the love, support and trust that my small group has, quickly took that feeling away. The 5 of us together, has been the most important part of this summer for me. As I wonder, still, why God has brought me out here...I can strongly say that it is for my trust and patience, and my small group has helped with both.

No comments:

Post a Comment